Psychometric Testing is commonly used by the employers to identify the best candidates for the open positions.
Below are some Facts related to Psychometric Testing:
1) Psychometric Testing is aimed to measure your general knowledge along with your mathematics and verbal skills.
2) Psychometric test is a scientific method to measure an individual’s skills, knowledge, abilities, attitudes, behavior and mental capabilities.
3) Psychometric tests may not be precisely correlated to the job you are applying, but they measure your overall intelligence and problem-solving ability. Companies use Psychometric tests to screen out unqualified candidates and hire good candidates.
4) Universities use these tests to find best candidates for admission into Post Graduate and Graduate degrees to attract the best talent. Psychometric Testing is the best way to take a large number of applications for a job and screen less number of applications after conducting the test.
5) For Example, if there 5000 job applications for a Masters Degree but there are only ten positions available then these Psychometric tests can be used to identify the top candidates.
6) Moreover, if there are 1000 applicants for a particular promotion within the company, then the company can screen the applications with these tests along with their job performance and consider only five candidates for the final interview.
7) There are different types of Psychometric tests which are associated with Personality, Aptitude, and the ability of an individual. Aptitude tests measure the individual’s ability to perform and complete the tasks. Personality tests measure an individual’s particular way of doing things and how these people interact with the co-workers and their managers in difficult situations.
8) In the workplace, the psychometric tests are commonly used for recruitment, Team Building and Identifying best managers to get promoted to the next level. In recruitment, ability and aptitude tests can help you to narrow your candidates very quickly and help recruiters and managers in hiring decisions.
9) Psychometric Tests ensures company stability when it comes to company’s culture because these tests align the best candidates with company’s culture.
10) When an organization conducts a Psychometric Tests all applicants are evaluated according to the same criteria, and they are not assessed based on the race, gender, and qualifications. These tests can retain the company’s benchmarks in Recruitment.
11) These Psychometric tests also save a lot of time and money because many applications are filtered using this process. The retention of employees is also improved because the right candidates are hired.
12) For Team building, personality tests can add real value to build effective teams. After conducting these personality tests, employees with similar interests, attitude, and mindset a can be grouped together as a team. These teams can work together without any disturbances because of their similar mindset, and overall performance may skyrocket in the company.
13) The combination of aptitude and personality tests can assist the company by helping them to choose the best person for a particular role.
14)Many organizations use psychometric tests aggressively as a part of their recruitment, employee engagement, performance management and promotion strategies. According to the research, 75% of the companies in the USA use these tactics to take their business to the next level.
15) Psychometric Testing guide you through every step of people management journey. From recruiting best employees, retaining the talent, minimize attrition rates, identifying training and development needs and identifying the best employees for higher roles these tests help every step in the process.
To Conclude, The detailed reports from Psychometric Testing can give you an in-depth understanding of your employees and enables you to understand what makes them perform better so that you can get the best talent out of them.